Saturday, January 19, 2013






I always admired figure painters for the life and illusion of depth they create just by manipulating the shadows and highlights when painting.Especially the way they bring to life the faces and the expressions.I always found  it intimidating trying my skills on that , but i guess if you dont try once you will never start learning , so i decided now that i feel a bit more comfortable with my painting abilities to start experimenting on figures.The good thing is they are cheap too.Here is selection of some figures i bought on a spending spree last night.The last  large(120mm ) resin is rather cheap but perfect for practicing , the plastic figures by Masterbox and Dragon looked nicely sculpted and i liked the themes so i bought them having in mind already one or 2 nice ideas for some vignettes.The resin Jeff Shiu are simply so lifelike i had to have them even though i think i wont be able to do them justice just yet. Still i am about to buy some Maurice Corry as well  as they are also very nice and a must have .

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with these as a figure painter myself. Like you I am experimenting outside my comfort zone right now.....1/700 scale ships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why i feel intimidated already ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you are too talented to feel intimidated. You have the eyes and soul of an artist. I can see it in everyone of your ships. ~Jim

    ReplyDelete